What are you looking for in a weekend getaway? If it's culture, history, and adventure all rolled into one location - Sydney is the perfect destination for your next trip. From world-famous landmarks to delicious foodie destinations, there are so many different things that you can do. This guide will show you what to do on your upcoming vacation.
Things to Do While at Sydney
- Visit the Sydney Opera House and take a tour of the iconic landmark. Tour guides are available every day, so make sure to book in advance if you want to do an official tour. The opera house offers a variety of different shows and performances, so make sure to check out the schedule before you go.
- Visit a casino or go to a casino after dinner. Sydney is known for having some of the best casinos in all of Australia, so make sure that you check out at least one while you're there. There are many different options - Crown Casinos has its name on several locations throughout town. The website https://www.casinoinquirer.com/ has even better casino recommendations worth checking out.
- Catch a show at one of Sydney's many theatres. Whether you want to see a musical, drama, or comedy show - there's something for everyone. Check out Ticketek or Showbiz for tickets and show times.
- If you love Asian foods, then Chinatown is the place for you. This area has some of Australia's best cuisine and prices are very reasonable if you want to take your family out for dinner. There are plenty of Chinese restaurants here that will leave your taste buds satisfied - perfect after a long day exploring all that this city has to offer.
- If you're looking for something more casual, spend your afternoon exploring The Rocks - one of Sydney's oldest neighborhoods. The Rocks offers amazing views of the harbor and is home to a variety of different shops, pubs, and restaurants. There's always something going on in this lively neighborhood so make sure to put it on your list of places to explore. Stop by Circular Quay for lunch or dinner before heading back home at night.
- Take a ferry ride to Manly and spend the day exploring the beaches, shops, and restaurants in this charming town. Make sure to bring your swimsuit - there are plenty of places to take a dip.
- If you're looking for some history and culture, visit The Australian Museum. This museum is home to an impressive collection of Australian artifacts and exhibits about the country's natural history.
- Head to the Sydney Tower Eye for incredible views of the cityscape.
- Take a walk on Bondi Beach and enjoy some world-famous Australian surfing.
- Explore Hyde Park, one of Sydney's largest parks and home to many different types of gardens and memorials.
- Visit Taronga Zoo for a day filled with wildlife viewing (and photo ops).
- Wander through The Queen Victoria Building - an architectural marvel that is now full of shops and restaurants.
- Rejoice your taste buds with dinner at one of Sydney's best seafood spots - like Marque or Quay Restaurant. Both offer amazing waterfront dining experiences that you'll never forget.
- End your weekend with a bang by watching the fireworks at Darling Harbour. This vibrant display happens every Saturday night and is definitely not something that you want to miss.
There are so many different things that you can do in Sydney - no matter what your interests are. With this guide, you'll be able to make the most out of your weekend.